Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

How we got started - One ring at a time.

How do you begin a business? Well I will tell you that most people don't begin it the way we did!

Imagine you are sitting around with a couple of friends in the middle of the night at a table. Someone has decided it would be a good idea to teach everyone else a new craft - Danielle brought us chainmaille!

What is wrong with that you may ask? Well... for starters 'mailling (or creating chainmaille) requires manual dexterity and concentration. None of which is available when one is drunk!

Yeah, that's right. We were drinking, and at a fair clip as well. However, after a long period of slipping plyers, cursing, and the 'TING TING' of metal jump rings flying all over the room, my brain began to come up with things. 

Before I knew it, we were spouting off business concepts. Laughing as they got ridiculous,  and nodding as someone made a point that we thought was actually do-able. I never thought we would remember any of it.

Little did I know... And so over the course of the next few week we discussed the bare minimum of a business plan. Thank the lord my family is crafty and creative, because we needed a logo! This is where my sister, Crystal came in. 

The girl is a wiz with the camera, and she is great with digital arts. Somehow, I was able to bribe her (probably with indian food, which is the most amazing treat) to make me a logo.

And everyone knows once you have a logo, your stuck actually going through with it! And so, a business was born, one ring (or bead, or pixel, or wire, or any of the other materials) at a time!

Cool right? Tell that to my wrists!!

No comments:

Post a Comment