Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Shipping and Recieving Department is the Edge of My Seat!

If you are anything like me, you are not patient when it comes to receiving (or shipping) items. You go online, shop for hours in your PJ's, and finally make your selections. Then, from the moment you click 'check out' you wait on the edge of your seat staring out the front window for the package to arrive!

Ok, so I'm not QUITE that bad. The problem is, I am inpatient when it comes to shipping and receiving. As a business owner I track each package that I send out to customers daily. International shipping gives me stress educed gray hair (no I'm not that old) because I can't track the items to the customer's door step to ensure they received what they paid for. Considering that amount of time that all of us here at Serenity in Chains spend on creating and perfecting our products, I don't think it's unreasonable to be concerned about the item's safe arrival!

But on the customer side of things, I'm just as terrible! Take today for example... I submitted a supply order on the 3rd of this month. I am happy to report that we are going to be offering posable chainmaille candle skirts, but in order to do so I have to have the supplies I ordered from our vendor. I also need the supplies in order to complete several pending orders. Now, the order has already been delayed for a holiday, and a change that was made to it for additional items. Once it was placed with the carrier, I began scooting to the edge of my chair, and staring at the window.

The package was scheduled for delivery today, which was one day earlier than they estimated! However, the driver on our route today apparently is not the same one that I always deal with, because I got a notice that the driver reported our address as incorrect. It isn't, and the Customer Service people were very kind to send a notice that it was indeed correct, and that the edge of my seat was getting worn down (actually they told the dispatch that it's a business order and urgent, which was incredibly kind of them). The driver has been told he must redeliver my order today, which is fantastic.

The point of this is... Do you get impatient for packages like a puppy waiting for the mailman, or do you submit your order to be surprised when it arrives?

1 comment:

  1. As the other half of the 'chains' department here, I also sweat my neither regions off with shipping stress from the supplier (not so much with the outgoing because I leave that to the wonderfully amazing and talented business end!) GAHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete